Potatoes are all time favourite of kids. You make them in any form, kids are ready to finish it off. My daughter is no different from any other kids. She loves potatoes in any form. I thought to surprise her with a different dish with potatoes. As it was a baked dish, less oil is required, so i am happy too.
Her pongal holidays were going on and she was enjoying her day with one of her friend. I thought this was one of the best surprise that i could give them. She knew that i was baking something. But couldn't make out what it was, as she was busy playing with her friend and had no time to peep into the kitchen. (which she usually does). In the evening, when i called them for snacks, she came to the table within seconds with her friend. They were so excited to see the baked potatoes and the home made whole wheat bread. Her friend asked her "Your mother made these things??". Then i heard my daughter proudly saying "Ya......that's my mother. She can make anything, isn't it yummy..." Those words filled my heart and i happily watched them finishing both the dishes within minutes. :)
|Baked Potato Wedges with the home made Wheat Bread|
- Cut the potato wedges as thin as possible, it will take less time to bake. (i had cut them into slightly thick pieces, so it took little more time)
- Adjust oil as required.
4 Potatoes (medium sized, peeled, cut into thin wedges)
1 1/2 tsp Oregano
4 - 5 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup Water
2 - 4 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into thin wedges.
- Put them on a baking tray. Add oregano, salt, black pepper, water, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Rub all the ingredients with the potato wedges.
- Pre heat microwave oven - convection mode at 250 degree Celsius.
- Place the baking tray with the marinated potato wedges in the pre heated oven and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Take it from the oven and turn each one of the wedges. Place them again in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take off from the oven and turn them again. Do the same procedure till the wedges are cooked and has turned into golden brown colour.
- Once done, take off from oven.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice or with the wheat bread.
Enjoy them with a cup of tea....
* Adjust spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting