A s'more is a traditional night time campfire treat popular in the United States and Canada, consisting of a fire roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker. (Wikipedia)
My elder daughter is a big fan of marshmallows and she was telling me to bake s'mores cookies for a very long time. Searched in net and saw that there are many ways to bake them. The traditional one is much different from the ones people bake.
Couldn't get hold of graham crackers, which is to be used in these cookies. But, it didn't stop me from trying these cookies. Tried baking them with easily available ingredients.... So, these are the ones which I baked for her. Do try out and enjoy!!!
1-1/3 cups All Purpose Flour/Maida
1-1/4 cup Crushed Graham Crackers (I used digestive biscuits)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened at room temperature)
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Grated Chocolate (optional )
Chocolate (cut into little squares)
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, grated chocolate, salt, baking soda and biscuits. Keep this aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter with both kinds of sugar, add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until your dough has come together.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Take small portions of the dough, roll it between your palms and flatten it a bit. Place them on a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake them for about 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, remove from the oven.
- Place a small piece of chocolate on top of each cookie, followed by a small piece of marshmallow and pop them in the oven, just for about a minute or until the marshmallows start to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top them with another little piece of chocolate. Allow to cool slightly, before removing from the tray.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
Thanks for visiting