Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Diya Aur Bati



After a long time, iam posting a recipe on my blog. Had been busy on and off with my baking and chocolate orders, that it was finding difficult to sit down and write in my blog. I missed my blog a lot, but it happens sometimes, that when we need to concentrate on some things, we unknowingly miss on something else, which we loved the most. But in my case, I was not missing on my passion for food, as I was doing stuffs related to food, just that i couldn't blog. While creating new designs in cakes and making chocolates, I felt myself so happy and lively. You can check my works on my FB page : Nim's Choco Fantasy

Ok, now that's it for my re-entry into my blog :) Just wanted to tell you all that I was not away from my passion, but yes, i was a bit away from blogging.

Diwali is round the corner. All might be busy making yummy and awesome sweets. I would like to share a recipe, which you all might be knowing, just that I gave a slight twist, and gave a new look and feel of festivity to it.

Enjoy Diwali with your loved ones and stay safe.




Ingredients
 
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1 cup Khoya
¼ cup Sugar (powdered, adjust as per your taste)
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
8 – 10 Almonds
A pinch of Lemon yellow colour
Few drops of Rose water
Silver warq for garnishing
 
 
Method
 
  1. Cook khoya in a fry pan till it turns slightly pink in colour. Now add desiccated coconut and sugar. Mix well and let it cook for about 2 minutes till the sugar is nicely combined with the mixture. Switch off the flame.
  2. Keep aside 5-8 tbsp of the mixture in another bowl and add lemon yellow colour and rose water. Mix well.
  3. In the rest of the mixture, add cocoa powder and mix well to form a smooth dough.
  4. If the dough is too dry, add little milk to it and if it is too wet, add little desiccated coconut.
  5. Shape the cocoa mixture in the shape of a diya and fill in the yellow coloured khoya mixture in the center.
  6. Place an almond as flame and garnish with silver warq.
  7. Your Diya aur bati sweet is ready to be served.
  8. Enjoy!!!



Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

7 comments:

  1. I am a obsessed for anything coconut! I know now what I’m making this coming weekend. Can't wait to try your recipe using the desiccated coconut I bought from http://celebes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog… thanks for sharing this information with us, We are Dry Fruits Wholesaler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog and i find it quite informative. Thanks for sharing information it is really helpful.
    Find Bank IFSC Code, Bank MICR Code, BSR Code of all Bank Branches in India with Bank Branch Details.

    ReplyDelete

  4. شركة نقل عفش
    اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش واثاث

    ReplyDelete


  5. شركة نقل عفش بالرياض وجدة والدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete