Crackers are flat, crisp and known to be a nutritious snack which is baked. They are always salted and can be made in different flavours. They are made in different shapes, commonly in round or square. Crackers can be enjoyed on its own or can be topped with Cheese, Dips, Soft Spreads, Jam, Butter or Peanut Butter or any thing you like :)
My husband and my kids love crackers and we usually buy from the stores. I thought to give it a try at home and it turned out to be really good.
Give it a try and you will love them for sure.
Recipe Source: Click here
250 gms All purpose flour/Maida
2 tbsp Poppy seeds
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp Black pepper powder1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt60 gms Butter (Unsalted, cold and chopped)
- Sieve maida, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add poppy seeds, sesame seeds and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add butter and using your fingertips rub it until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add 100ml cool water. Mix well until a firm dough forms. If needed add more iced water. Don’t over mix.
- Cut the dough into half and wrap one half in a cling film. Chill it in the fridge.
- Roll the other half out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 1-2mm thick. Using a round cutter, cut out rounds. Place on a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven for 20 - 35 minutes till the crackers turns light golden colour.
- Once done, take out from oven and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve them with hot coffee or tea.
Thanks for visiting