This tasty soup is not only yummy, but healthy too. My elder daughter, who doesn't like most of the soups, liked this a lot and whenever, I buy yellow/Red pumpkin, she makes sure that I make this soup for her.
A very light and filling soup for all... Try it out and let me know.
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Onion (finely chopped)
3 cups Red Pumpkin (skin peeled and thinly sliced)
1 - 2 tbsp. Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oregano (optional)
3 cups Water or Vegetable stock
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat butter in a non stick pan. Add onion and the thinly sliced pumpkin. Roast till it slightly gets burnt or changes its colour.
- Remove from heat and keep aside to cool. Put it in a mixer and grind into a smooth paste by adding little water or vegetable stock.
- Put the ground pumpkin paste into the pan. Add the remaining water or vegetable stock in it. Mix well and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Adjust salt, black pepper powder and oregano. If needed add more water as required.
- Once everything is nicely combined, take off from heat and serve it hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.
- If you don't like the burnt taste of the pumpkin, just roast them slightly till they start changing its colour.
- You can even season this soup with little bit of oregano. That too tastes good...
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting