To beat the heat, try this yummy and tasty ice cream. I love to try different variations while making homemade ice creams and this happened to be one such success.
Try out and let me know how you liked it.
250 gms Cherry
2 - 3 tbsp. Water
1 cup Full cream milk powder (Everyday milk powder or Amulya)
1 1/2 cup Milk (at room temperature)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 cup Fresh cream (whipped)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Blend cherries along with water, in a mixer and strain it through a strainer. Add very little water.
- Keep the strained cherry juice aside.
- In a mixie jar, put milk powder, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the cream nicely and add this to the mixie jar. Add the cherry juice also. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it thoroughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- Again put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take out and serve with some cherries on top.
The store ice creams has a creamy texture. You can get this texture by mixing the ice cream in between the freezing process. So don't forget to mix in between. This makes a lot of difference to the ice cream.
- Adjust the sugar as per your taste as the cherries will be already sweet.
Thanks for visiting