I tried out this chutney for making chatpate aloo chat. It is really tasty... kind of sweet, sour and spicy taste... Saved the rest of the chutney in an airtight container in the fridge and it stays good for 1 - 2 months or more than that. I serve it along with samosas too and it tastes yummy...
Try it out and let me know how you liked it..
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Water
2 tbsp. Amchur powder/ Dry Mango powder
1 tbsp. Kashmiri Red chilli powder
1 tsp Jeera powder
1 tsp Black salt
1 tsp Ginger powder
1 tsp Fennel powder
Salt to taste
- Pour water in a kadai and add sugar to it. Keep it on medium heat and let it boil till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add amchur powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, black salt, ginger powder, fennel powder and salt. Mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Let it cook till the chutney becomes slightly thick. Once done, take off from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Use this chutney on any type of chats or you can serve it along with samosas.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting