Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Wednesday 5 March 2014

Mushroom Fry (Chinese Style)




Sorry guys,.... I know..... iam blogging after a long gap. The reason is that I was busy with some chocolate orders and was trying my hand on some cake toppers with fondant. Once iam comfortable with it, I would start taking orders for Birthday cakes, Anniversary cakes or any type of cakes. Though I have done many cakes using buttercream, I am putting my baby steps into the vast world of fondant decorations. Its really fun to mold out different figures using the fondant. Iam in love with it now :)

Don't worry guys, I will not stop blogging...it will go on, but may be not as regular as I used to write earlier. Though cooking is my passion, I love baking the most. So iam slightly inclined to baking. If I start about this topic, it will go on....so coming over to this recipe...




We all love mushrooms a lot....actually many of you might also like it, right? The main problem I face with mushrooms, is the cleaning part. While cleaning them, I make it double sure that it is cleaned properly. So it takes lot of my time. Still I love to cook with it. This time it is a Fried Chinese dish iam making with this mushroom. I must say, it tastes heavenly. Try it out and let me know...




Ingredients

10 - 15 Button Mushrooms
Oil for frying

For making batter:

3 tbsp. Maida/All purpose flour
1 tbsp. Cornflour
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Water as required

For making Sauce:

1 Onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. Garlic (finely chopped)
2 Stalks Spring Onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp Red chilli sauce
1 tbsp. Kashmiri Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Vinegar
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. Oil



Method

  • Clean the mushrooms and cut each one of them into half. Keep aside.
  • Mix maida, cornflour, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl. Add little water to make a batter. Mix well to remove all the lumps. The batter should be neither too thin nor too thick.
  • Heat oil in a kadai. When it is medium hot, dip each mushroom pieces in the batter and put them in the oil. Let it simmer till all the sides are golden brown colour.
  • Once done, transfer them onto a tissue paper. Keep aside.
  • Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a kadai. Add onion and the bulbs of spring onion. Saute till translucent. Now add garlic and saute for a minute or till the raw smell goes off.
  • Add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, Kashmiri red chilli powder, vinegar, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well and add 1/4 cup water. Let it boil for 1 minute.
  • Now add the fried mushrooms and toss well so that each one of them is nicely coated with the sauce.
  • Adjust salt if needed. Take off from heat and garnish with the spring onion greens.
  • Serve it hot as a starter or with Fried Rice or Chinese noodles.





* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the sauces and spices as per your taste*


Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!



6 comments:

  1. wow excellent stir fry :) First time here and happy to follow you, do visit my blog too and wud be glad if you follow me back :)

    Desi Fiesta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to resist this mushroom fry..delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthwatering mushroom fry. Looks yumm. First time here. Happy to follow you.. Do visit mine if you find time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your all dishes that shared through your blog. It is all delicious and yummy.
    Food Bloggers Meet in Chennai

    ReplyDelete