Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Monday 10 February 2014

Chewy Fudge Chocolate Brownie (Egg less)




As far as I know brownies are of two types: One is a cake like brownie and the other one is a fudgy chewy brownies.

Though I have tried out brownies with eggs, I wanted to try out an egg less brownie and was successful in making cake like brownie, but was unsuccessful in baking an egg less fudge brownie. I had tried out 3 different recipes and all were unsuccessful. I had almost lost hope that I could bake one. Every time, when I check other blogs or Internet, I would unknowingly end up searching for brownies... I knew I wouldn't get peace unless I get one successfully baked :)

That's how I landed on Munatycooking blog. I was mesmerised by the look of the egg less fudgy brownies in her blog and thought to give it a try and made my mind that this would be my last attempt on egg less brownie. Moreover my elder daughter's friend (who is a vegetarian) had come home for a sleepover. I wanted to give them a treat. So I choose to bake this. And Yea!!! it turned out super yummy and had the right texture and was fudgy-chewy.

If you keep these brownies in the fridge for 1 hour, you can have a neat cut through them. But I was not ready to wait that long. Was eager to know how it tasted... How impatient I am ;)

I would recommend these brownies to all who are looking for an egg less version. Try it out and mark my word, it tastes super excellent.

In Munatycooking blog, some people had commented that it had a slight taste of banana. But I didn't get the taste of banana's in my brownies. Try it out and let me know how you liked it.




Recipe source : Munaty Cooking

Ingredients

1 cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tbsp. Hot water
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Mashed Banana
3 tbsp. Butter
1/4 cup Dark Cooking Chocolate (chopped)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 tsp Baking soda
3/4 tsp Baking powder


Method

Sieve maida, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Keep this aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and then add the butter. Mix well and make sure to remove all the lumps. Keep aside.

In a bowl, mix sugar (I powdered the sugar), mashed banana, hot water, vanilla essence and the melted chocolate + butter mixture. Mix well using a electric beater or a wooden spoon.

Pre-heat oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.

Prepare the cake tin by lining with a butter paper. Keep this aside.

Into this wet mixture, add the sieved maida mixture. Mix well using a wooden spoon until just combined. Don't over mix. The batter will be slightly thick than the usual cake batter.

Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and spread using the spoon. Tap the tin gently to remove any air bubbles trapped in it.

Place the cake tin in the preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out with little crumbs on it.

Once done, keep it on a wire rack to cool. When cooled, take off from the cake tin and serve it with ice cream or sprinkle little powdered sugar on top. You can even drizzle chocolate sauce on top.

Enjoy!!!


Note:
  1. Before cutting these brownies, you can keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
  2. You can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
  3. I powdered the sugar after measuring. You can even add the granulated sugar instead.





Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!



6 comments:

  1. it does look really fudgy, i'm sure the banana contributed to it... yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty fudge brownies. Any thing with chocolate, So yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all... It does taste yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post a lot. This is great recipe on chocolates.Chocolates are one of the most wonderful gift ideas that one can ever think off. online chocolate delivery in Bangalore will now overpass the gaps between you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed your blog dishes. It is always consistently delicious and a real treat to eat.
    Chennai Street Food

    ReplyDelete