This is a super easy and healthy cookies which you won't regret enjoying more than one. A perfect snack box item for the kids and yummy to munch-on with tea, coffee or a glass of milk.
It is really a wholesome cookie and you will feel full, after eating just two of them. I have made these twice now. The first batch vanished within 1 day. So had to make it again... on kids demand ;) I did not think twice, as it is a healthy snack for them.
Try it out and tell me how you liked them..
1 cup Oats
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup Sugar (powdered)
1/2 cup Butter
2 tbsp. Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- In a bowl, put butter, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well using a wooden spoon or an electric beater till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, add oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder. Mix well using a wooden spoon till everything is nicely combined.
- Put the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and knead well using your hands till it becomes a nice and soft dough.
- Pre heat the microwave oven in convection mode at 175 degree Celsius.
- Place a butter paper on a baking tray. Take a lemon sized dough and roll between your palms. Press gently and place it on the baking tray. Do the same procedure to the rest of the dough.
- Place the baking tray in the pre heated oven for about 25 - 30 minutes for crispy cookies and for about 15 - 20 minutes if you would like a chewy cookies. ( I would prefer the crispy ones as it tastes simply great).
- Once done, take off from the oven and transfer them on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Put them in an airtight container for later use. It remains crispy for more than 2 weeks....if any left ;)
Thanks for visiting