For a long time I was planning to make this dish. But every time, I would end up making soya chunks gravy. Soya chunks is my younger daughter's favourite. Me and my kids love Chinese cuisine and today they had a holiday, so thought to treat them with their favourite for lunch. So prepared Hakka noodles along with Soya Chunks Manchurian. They enjoyed their dinner and was so happy.
This Chinese dish is very easy to prepare. As you all know, Chinese dishes are prepared on high flame, make sure that all the ingredients are kept ready before you start cooking. As I did not have spring onion with me, I garnished with some coriander leaves which tasted good.
Try this dish and tell me how you liked it.
1 cup Soya Chunks (soaked and drained)
2 tsp Cornflour
1 tbsp. Green chilli paste
2 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 tbsp. Oil
2 Onion (medium, roughly chopped)
2 Spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp. Oil
1 inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
3 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. Green chilli sauce
2 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
Water as required
Salt to taste
2 tsp Cornflour (mix with little water)
1 Green Capsicum (small, diced)
1 tbsp. Vinegar
4 stalks Spring Onion greens (finely chopped)
- Put the soya chunks in hot water for about 10 - 15 minutes. Later, wash them in normal water for 2 - 3 times. Squeeze out the water and put them in a bowl.
- Add cornflour, salt, dark soy sauce, green chilli paste and mix well. Keep this aside for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a non-stick kadai. Put the marinated soya chunks in it and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or till they turn its colour and becomes shiny. Take off from the kadai and keep aside.
- In the same kadai, heat 1 tbsp. oil and put onion, spring onion, ginger and garlic in it. Saute for a minute.
- Now add soy sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Saute till the mixture gets thick.
- Add water and when it starts to bubble, add the sauteed soya chunks and adjust the salt.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Now add the cornflour (mixed with water) into it.
- Add capsicum and let it cook for sometime. When the gravy thickens a bit, add vinegar and take off from heat. Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve it with fried rice, steamed rice or with Hakka noodles.
Thanks for visiting