Dulce De Leche is a thick caramel flavoured sauce, which can be used in different recipes or topped in ice creams, desserts etc. It can be used as a spread too... It's your choice...enjoy as it is or include in any of your desserts to make it more yummier.....
4 cups Milk
2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Boil milk in a big heavy bottomed pan. When it is boiled, add sugar, vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once boiled, keep it in very low flame for 1 hour. Wash down the sides of the pan using a pastry brush dipped in water.
- After every 15 minutes, scoop out the froth.
- When it is about an hour, you can see that the mixture turns to a thick deep brown colour caramel. Make sure that it doesn't burn in the bottom of the pan.
- Immediately pour the caramel through a sieve, so that you can avoid any bits of caramel which might have caught on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the caramel into a bowl and let it cool. It thickens after it cools.
- Store it in an airtight container or in a zip lock for later use.
- Pour this on ice creams or any desserts and Enjoy !!!
- I liked my caramel sauce to be slightly thin and not too thick. Its up to you, you can decide the consistency of the sauce.
- The caramel tends to thicken after it is removed from the fire. So keep an eye on the consistency you need the caramel to be.
Thanks for visiting