Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Wednesday 9 October 2013

Masala Omlete



Some days back, my kids were in a mood to eat Pizza and I was totally not in a mood to make one or buy from the store as it was bit late for the home delivery. Then I thought to make something different from the usual recipes and ended up making this Omelet.


After tasting this omelet my kids named it as 'Egg Pizza'. Yes, to some extent it had the taste of a pizza, as I had added oregano in it. They really enjoyed it and was happy that I made something similar to their favourite...I told them it is an Omelet that I made, but they were sticking to their words..."No amma, this is pizza". I thought, call it by any name.....I am happy that my kids loved it.....When kids are happy,  mommy too happy ;)




Ingredients

2 Eggs (large)
1 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
1 Tomato (small, finely chopped)
1/2 Capsicum (small, finely chopped)
1 tsp Oil
1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp Oregano (optional)
1 - 2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin/Jeera powder
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste


Method
  • Break eggs in a bowl and whisk well by adding little salt in it. Keep this aside.
  • Heat oil in a wide non stick pan. Add onion, tomato, garlic, green chilli and fry till the onion turns golden colour. Add capsicum. Stir well and let it cook.
  • Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, oregano and salt. (Add salt only for this mixture, because we have already added salt in the whisked eggs). Mix well.
  • Once the raw smell of the masalas is gone, spread the mixture on the pan and pour the whisked egg on top of it so that the entire mixture is covered with the egg. Don't stir or mix after this.
  • Sprinkle coriander leaves on top. When the bottom side is golden brown colour, flip the omelet and let the other side cook.
  • Once done, transfer it on to a plate and enjoy!!!

Note:
  1. You can add grated ginger and chopped fresh mint too in this recipe.
  2. The capsicum added in it should be cooked but still crunchy.




* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*


Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

6 comments:

  1. this is really good... love the flavors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to start my sunday with this masala omelette,delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting vth masalas n nice evng snack for kids....love f flowers on header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekend is not too far! I'm gonna make this one on saturday morning... :) Lovely one... It looks so colorful n vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best food that I ever ate. I've enjoyed your blog dishes. It is always consistently delicious and a real treat to eat.
    Chennai Street Food

    ReplyDelete