A traditional dish from Kerala. This is one of the dish served in Sadhya. A very healthy and simple dish, perfect for kids.
This is one of my favourite. Try it out and enjoy!!!
1 Beetroot (large, finely grated)
Salt to taste
2 - 3 Green chilli (cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
3 - 4 Dry red chilli
1 cup Coconut (freshly grated)
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 cup Curd
5 - 6 Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Methi seeds
- Put grated beetroot, salt and green chilli in a big non stick pan with little water and let it cook till the beetroot becomes tender and nicely cooked.
- In the mean time, grind coconut along with cumin seeds with little water into a fine and smooth paste.
- When the beetroot is nicely cooked, add the ground coconut mixture into it. Mix well.
- Let it cook for a minute. Now add curd and mix well. Adjust salt.
- When it starts to bubble, turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, methi seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- When it splutters, add it to the beetroot pachadi. Mix well.
- Serve it with steamed rice.