This is a simple and healthy breakfast muffins, perfect for kids who are fussy in eating vegetables.
Some time back when i saw these muffin recipe in 'Healthy Mange More' (cookery show), I was amazed and wanted to try it out.... these muffins are not sweet....yes it is savoury..
Thought to give it a try as my husband likes savoury food more than the sweet ones, moreover they are healthy too. A perfect breakfast, snack or lunch box item for kids. I served it with tomato chutney. Its your choice, you can serve them just like that or accompany with a chutney.
Try it out and let me know how it tastes....
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup Oats
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Vegetables (chopped, boiled, any vegetables of your choice)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
3 tbsp Curd
1/2 cup Tomato puree
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Salt to taste
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1/2 cup Water
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, oats, red chilli powder, fennel seeds, dried mixed herbs, baking powder, baking soda, salt and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Pre heat the microwave oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Add olive oil, boiled vegetables, curd, tomato puree and water into the bowl. Mix well till everything combined properly.
- Pour the batter into the muffin molds and place them in the pre heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 - 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes insert a tooth pick in the center of the muffin to check whether they are cooked or not. If not cooked, bake it again till done.
- Once done, serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting