Yesterday, my daughter was after me to make some french fries for her. I was adamant not to make it as she had poori the same day. Lot of fried food on the same day is not good, right. After a lot of No's and Yes's, i gave in and thought to make fries with some veggies.
Quickly grabbed some vegetables from the fridge and made these easy and quick fries. She was expecting french fries and when i told her i have made something different, at first she was not that happy (i could make out from her face). But when she tasted these vegetable fries, she was very happy and told "these are tasting awesome amma...". Mommy happy!!! :)
Friends....Surprise your kids with this simple fries....You can serve it along with curd rice or as a snack.
2 Sweet Potato
4 tbsp Cornflour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Wash and remove the skin of all the vegetables. Pat it dry.
- Thinly slice these vegetables using a vegetable peeler or vegetable grater.
- Add cornflour on the sliced vegetables and mix gently. This is done so that the extra moisture will be absorbed by the cornflour.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry the vegetable slices till golden colour. Transfer them on to a tissue paper or kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper powder and oregano powder when it is still hot. Give a gentle mix.
- Serve it hot.