Sweet lime is a fruit that is rich in Vitamin C and is very good for people who are not well or tired. It is an instant energy booster. Very good for children and adults too.
This is a simple juice which i make every now and then for my kids. Yesterday, when i made this juice, my daughter asked me whether i have posted this in my blog or not. Then i realised that i have not posted it... May be it just slipped off from my mind or may be i thought its very simple and everyone know how to make it....Nothing innovative has to be done with this juice, it tastes awesome in its own.
I don't prefer adding ice cubes and soda while making this juice. But its your choice, if you like the juice, fizzy and chilled, you can add it. By adding mint leaves to it, the juice gets a minty lemony flavour, which tastes very nice. Try it out friends and let me know....
2 Sweet Lime/Mosambi
2 - 3 tbsp Sugar (as per your taste)
1 pinch Salt
4 - 5 Mint leaves (optional)
Ice cubes (optional)
- Squeeze out the juice from the sweet lime. Pour it in a blender.
- Add sugar, salt and mint leaves.
- Add ice cubes and little water.
- Blend it for 30 - 40 seconds or more, till the sugar is completely dissolved and the juice is frothy.
- Strain and add water to adjust the consistency. Pour it in glasses.
- If using soda, add it instead of water. Give a quick mix.
- Serve it chilled.