My daughters love milk peda a lot and mummy used to buy them pedas whenever possible. They are so much addicted to it :)
I am a regular viewer to Jeyashri's Blog and i just love the simple and traditional recipes that she put up in her blog. When i saw the milk peda recipe in her blog, thought to give it a try and wanted to surprise my kids. These sweet little cuties came out perfect and tasted awesome. Thanks to Jeyashri for sharing the recipe.
My kids loved it a lot and my little one has a big sweet tooth. She just loves any thing sweet. Always I have to hide sweet stuffs from her :)
I made chocolate milk peda too. Decorated each one of them with some chocolate chips on top. Try out this instant and easy recipe and let me know....
Recipe Source: Jeyashriskitchen
2 cups Milk Powder
1 Can Condensed milk
2 tbsp Butter or Ghee
2 tbsp Cocoa powder (if making chocolate peda)
1 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a non-stick pan, add condensed milk, milk powder and cardamom powder. Mix well to remove any lumps. It should have a thick idli batter consistency.
- Place the pan on low flame and add butter or ghee.
- Mix well till it leaves the sides of the pan and becomes a soft ball.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Grease your hands, rolling pin and the base with little ghee or butter.
- Place the soft milk peda ball on the base and roll it just like we roll for making roti.
- Roll it to the desired thickness and using a cookie cutter or a bottle cap, cut the milk pedas in your desired shape. You can even roll it between your palms to give a round shape.
- Serve and enjoy with your loved ones...
- If you want to make chocolate milk peda, add cocoa powder while mixing condensed milk and milk powder. Rest procedure is same as mentioned above.
- Remove the mixture from heat immediately when they start leaving the sides and become a soft ball because it thickens a bit while cooling down.
- If you feel that the mixture is more thick, add little bit of milk to it and knead well.
- This stays fresh for about 1 week if refrigerated.
Thanks for visiting