This recipe is said to be a replicate of Starbucks Hot Chocolate. I have not tasted the original one, but i liked the taste of this hot chocolate. It is really soothing to have a cup of this hot chocolate on a rainy and cool whether. mmmm...yummy :)
Its very easy to prepare. The only difficulty is the stirring part to make the chocolate syrup. Rest of the work is like breeze...Add sugar as per your taste. I used Cadbury's Cocoa powder for this recipe. You can use any brand. As i didn't have whipped cream, i topped it up with some fresh cream :)
The taste of this drink is very chocolatey and heavenly. I would suggest you all to try it at least once and you won't stop by drinking just one cup.
2 tbsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/4 cup Water
2 tbsp Sugar (granulated)
1 and 1/2 cup Milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
Whipped cream as needed
- In a microwave safe bowl, add cocoa powder, water and sugar. Mix well and place it in an oven microwave mode HIGH for 30 seconds or till the mixture gets hot.
- Take out the bowl and stir well till you get the consistency of a chocolate syrup. (pouring consistency but little thick)
- Add milk to this chocolate syrup and microwave on HIGH for 1 - 1 and 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Add vanilla extract to the hot chocolate. Mix well.
- Serve it hot by adding whipped cream on top.
Thanks for visiting