I have tried many different recipes to make tandoori gobi and was never satisfied with the results. When i tried this recipe, it turned out to be excellent.
I don't have a tandoor at home, so made it in an oven. It tasted just like the gobi prepared in a tandoor or i can say that much better than that. Try it out and tell me how you liked it.
The tandoori masala added in it definitely made the difference, so i would suggest that you buy a packet from the store and its worth it. You can use this masala in many other side dishes too.
1 Cauliflower/Gobi (medium sized, cut into florets)
1 cup Yogurt
2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp Tandoori masala
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tbsp Oil
Olive oil to brush on top of the florets
- Put the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it so that all the excess water in it will be drained out. Let it hang for about 1 hour and you will get thick curd from it.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Put them in a steamer and steam it for some time...say about 5 - 10 minutes. It should not be cooked completely. Take off from the steamer and let it cool.
- In a bowl, put the thick curd, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, kashmiri red chilli powder, red chilli powder, oil and salt.
- Mix well. Now add the steamed cauliflower florets in it.
- Mix well using your hands, so that each of the florets are nicely coated with the masala.
- Let it marinate for an hour.
- In the mean time, line your baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Pre heat the oven in convection mode 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the marinated cauliflower florets on the tray and place it in the pre heated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out and lightly brush olive oil on each of the florets. Keep them again in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Take them out and if you see that the florets has changed its colour to golden brown, turn them and again brush little olive oil on them.
- Place it in the oven again for another 10 - 20 minutes. When the colour changes, take off from the oven.
- When it is still hot, transfer them on to a serving plate.
- Serve it hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to "Guru's Cooking Give away - Kids Special"