This is an egg less, butter less and healthy treat for your family. These muffins are absolutely healthy as bananas, oats and wheat flour are used.
My favourite Lazy Cake is a big hit in our family. It is a sure shot cake recipe and my first baked cake. Even that cake is made with banana.
I always wanted to try out muffins and due to some reason or the other, i usually end up making cup cakes or cakes. So this time, i made up my mind and successfully baked these healthy goodness.
These muffins can be packed as a snack for your kids and i am sure they would love it, as my daughters did. They are packed with the goodness of bananas (gives us energy), oats (gives fibre) and more over i included whole wheat flour also. Isn't it great...A perfect start for a beautiful day!!
Enjoy making them and of course munching on these goodness....
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Oats
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/3 cup Canola oil or Vegetable oil
3 Banana (ripe)
- Mash the banana's into a smooth paste. You can either use a potato masher or electric beater or just your hands.
- Add oil and sugar into it. Use an electric beater and beat them till the sugar is completely dissolved and everything is combined properly.
- Pre-heat oven in convection mode at 200 degree Celsius.
- In another bowl, mix whole wheat flour, maida, salt, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
- Put this flour mixture into the banana mix slowly. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips into the batter and mix nicely. If you feel that the batter is bit thick, add in little milk.
- The batter will not look like the normal cake or cup cake batter. The muffin batter will be little thick. So not to worry.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cup about 3/4th full.
- Keep the tray in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Once done, take off from the oven and let it cool in a wire rack.
- Enjoy these yummy and healthy treats !!!
- Sprinkle little chocolate chips in the top of each muffins before placing them in the oven.
- You can make the muffins by using only maida. For a bit of healthy twist, i halved the quantity of maida in the recipe.
- You can increase the amount of sugar, if you feel that the banana that you are adding is not very sweet.
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to Guru's Giveaway Kids Special