A simple and tasty snack enjoyed by kids.
I had some left over mozzarella cheese and was not in a mood to make a pizza again, as I had already made one some days back. Thought to try out a different dish for my kids and my search ended up at this tempting and tasty snack. I was sure my kids will love it and I was not wrong.
This snack is at its best when enjoyed piping hot. When you bite on these sticks, you can see the white beauty.....ie. cheese oozing out of it. A lovely treat for the eyes...
Try it out and you will come to know that iam not wrong.
8 mozzarella cheese (cut into 2 inch long sticks)
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
1 tbsp Black pepper powder
1 Egg (whisked)
1/2 cup Maida/All purpose flour
Oil for frying
- Mix black pepper powder with bread crumbs and keep this aside.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 2 inch long sticks.
- Dip it in maida, coat nicely on all sides.
- Now dip it in whisked egg and next in the bread crumbs.
- Freeze it for about 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep non stick pan. Put the frozen cheese sticks one by one into the hot oil.
- When all the sides turn golden brown colour and when you see the cheese slightly coming out of the outer covering, take off from oil and place them on a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
- You can bake it in a microwave oven too. Convection mode - 180 degree Celsius - for about 10 to 15 minutes, till you see the cheese slightly oozing out of the sticks.
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to "Guru's Cooking Give away - Kids Special"