This is a simple and tasty salad which my mother makes very frequently at home. This is her innovation and i must say that the flavours used in this dish is so simple, balanced and just perfect.
It has a tangy, sour and sweet taste and iam sure that anyone who tastes this salad will be a fan of it. I love to have this salad along with fried fish. It tastes amazing. Some times i love to eat it just like that. :) I would suggest you all to try this dish at least once and enjoy its taste. It is healthy too, so no worries..
A very simple dish which can be prepared easily with the ingredients available at your home. Even your kids can make it for you :)
1/2 cup Mango (grated, check the notes*)
4 - 5 tbsp Coconut (grated)
2- 3 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/4 cup Carrot (grated)
4 - 5 tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger (grated or finely chopped)
1 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Vinegar
- Take a bowl and add mango, carrot, green chilli, coconut, onion, coriander leaves and ginger. Mix well using your hands.
- Now add salt, olive oil and vinegar. Mix again.
- Serve it along with any non-veg dish or enjoy it with steamed rice.
- The mango used in this dish should be a medium ripe one ie. it should not be too ripe and not too raw. If you cant get a medium ripe mango, try using a raw one.
- Mix all the ingredients using your hands, so that everything gets combined properly.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting