This is an Italian milk bun or rather called as milk rolls. It is very easy to bake and tastes exactly like the store bought ones.
Initially, i thought to make cream buns, as my kids are a great fan of them. But when the buns came out of the oven, kids changed their mind and finished off with some nutella and peanut butter. They were fascinated by the shape of the buns and enjoyed every bite of it.
1 1/4 cup (320 ml) Milk
5 tbsp (60 gm) Sugar
7 gms Yeast
1/2 tbsp Salt
3 1/2 tbsp (50 gms) Butter in room temperature
5 cups (500gms) All Purpose flour/Maida
Milk for brushing
1 Egg (optional)
- Take the yeast in a small bowl. Add 2 tsp sugar into it. Now add 1/3 cup warm milk into it. Mix well and keep this aside to ferment.
- Add sugar and salt into the rest of the milk. Mix well till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take the all purpose flour in a big bowl. Add the yeast mixture and the milk mixture into it.
- Melt the butter and add it to the big bowl.
- Mix well using your hands and transfer it on to the work top (Kitchen top) and kneed it for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- If the dough gets sticky, add maida little by little till the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl (preferably glass bowl) and cover it with a plastic wrap. Leave it aside for about 2 hours or until it doubles its size.
- Later transfer the risen dough onto the work top and kneed for about a minute.
- Cut it into pieces and roll it into balls or into different shapes of your choice.
- Place them on a baking tray with butter paper.
- Brush them with milk (room temperature).
- Leave them aside covered with a towel for about 1/2 an hour or until it doubles its size.
- Later brush them again with the whisked egg (optional).
- Place it in a microwave oven - convection mode - 220 degree Celsius for 18 minutes.
- When the buns are cooked and the top turns golden brown colour, take off from the oven and leave it aside to cool.
- After some time, transfer it on a wire rack and let it cool for sometime.
- Serve them with a sweet or savoury filling or enjoy it just like that!!!
- If the dough is not raised properly, the baked buns will have a taste of yeast in it. So be sure that the dough is raised double its size.
Doesn't it looking inviting....
Very soft and spongy inside.....
Braid shaped Bun...
Thanks for visiting