For a long time, I was thinking to make this wonderful cake...when I saw the picture of this cake in Ria's blog, I was amazed how this honeycomb texture was given to the cake. Even u will be thinking how it is made, right!!
It's really easy, friends...it's just a simple bubble wrap that is making the magic.... I didn't have a good bubble wrap, so I was waiting to get a good one to try this out... Recently I got one and here I go.... Without any delay.... ;)
I created this magic on my Yellow Cake...You can bake any cake of your choice, but i would prefer not to give a chocolate cake base for this Honeycomb Cake...But its again up to you...be creative....
Things you need....
- Yellow Cake (Any cake of your choice)
- Chocolate Butter cream
- Dark Chocolate or Semi-sweet Chocolate
- A good Bubble wrap
Chocolate Butter cream
Recipe Source: Ria's Collection
1 cup Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 tbsp Milk
3/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate (melted and cooled to room temp.)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/4 cup Icing sugar
- Take butter in a bowl and beat it till creamy using an electric beater.
- Add in milk and beat again for a minute.
- Now add the vanilla essence and melted - cooled semi-sweet chocolate and beat till everything is combined properly.
- Now add icing sugar little by little and beat till you get the desired consistency.
- If you see that the mixture is very thick add little milk and adjust the consistency.
Bubble Wrap Magic
3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate or Dark Chocolate ( I used dark chocolate)
- Cut the bubble wrap in the shape of your cake (ie. round or square)
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour it on the bubble wrap and keep it aside till it is half set.
See the bubble wrap magic....
Assembling the Honeycomb Cake:
- Cut the cake into 2 layers horizontally.
- Spread the chocolate butter cream between the layers, sides and on top. The cake should be completely covered with the chocolate butter cream.
- Keep the cake in the fridge. When it is half set, take it out from the fridge and invert the half set bubble wrap (with chocolate) on top of the cake.
- Leave the cake with the bubble wrap on, in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Take off from fridge and peel off the bubble wrap carefully.
- I brushed little (melted and cooled) semi-sweet chocolate on the top to get a slight colour change effect.
Enjoy the magic on your cake...
Thanks for visiting