Who doesn't like Ice creams? I am sure you all love it as i do...In Ice Creams, all flavours are my favourite, but one of the most favourite is Tutti Fruity. I like the sweet fruit bite that we get while enjoying the ice cream.
Long time i was planning to make this ice cream. I gave a twist to the normal tutti fruity ice cream with a rose flavour. It was AMAZING...I must say that....Very tasty and full of flavours...I will try to explain how it tasted....A spoon in your mouth....first flavour that you will get is of the rose....when it dissolves the fruit flavour pops out as you bite on those tutti fruities...Hope i have given justice to this wonderful ice cream by describing it.
Lot of description about this ice cream, isn't it? Friends...this is a must try dessert...You will definitely like it...So here goes the recipe....
Check the notes before making this recipe...
1 cup Vanilla Custard (home made)
2 cup Milk
1 cup Full cream milk powder
5 tbsp Rose syrup
250 ml Fresh Cream
2 drops Red food colour (optional)
1/2 cup Tutti Fruity
1 tsp Vanilla essence or rose essence
- Boil milk and cool it to room temperature. Keep this aside.
- In a blender, put homemade vanilla custard along with 1 cup milk, milk powder, essence and rose syrup.
- Blend well till everything is combined properly.
- Pour it into a bowl and mix in the rest of the milk.
- Beat the fresh cream in the same blender along with some milk mixture for about 1 minute and add it into the bowl.
- Mix well using a wire whisk. Add the red food colour. Mix again.
- Add the tutti fruity and mix again.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. You can see that the tutti fruity that you added in it has settled down in the bottom of the container. Don't worry, later on when you mix, it will be evenly distributed.
- Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it thoroughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- Again put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- You can see that the tutti fruity is evenly distributed in the ice cream.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take out and serve.
- The store ice creams has a creamy texture. You can get this texture by mixing the ice cream in between the freezing process. So don't forget to mix in between. This makes a lot of difference to the ice cream.
- If you are making ice cream using an ice cream maker, you can skip the mixing activity.
- I made the vanilla custard using the ready made custard powder you get from stores.
- I did not add any sugar as the rose syrup has lot of sweetness on its own. Moreover, the milk powder too has sweetness. So need of sugar in this ice cream.
Zooom in.....A closer look....
Thanks for visiting