Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Saturday 30 March 2013

Sponge Cake


 



I had tried many different recipes for sponge cake and it was never a success for me. I had lost hope in making this cake and by chance i landed up in a blog "Veena's Art of Cakes". I am a huge fan of baking either it be cakes, cookies or any normal dishes. I always think that what can i bake today in my microwave...Iam that big fan.





Coming back to Veena's blog...Its so amazing to see how she decorates her cakes. Her blog is definitely a school for all who love to bake and is a novice in baking cakes. When i saw the recipe for sponge cake in her blog, i felt it to be very easy to make. I thought, one last time, i will try out this cake.




My daughter's exams were going on, so i kept a bookmark on the recipe to try it out later. She told me that on the day her exams ended, she would like me to bake a special cake for her. So i thought i will bake her this cake. 

On the day her exams ended, i tried out this recipe and to my surprise, it came out excellent, awesome.....I was fed up trying different recipes for a sponge cake, lost hope and when at last it came out absolutely right, i was feeling top of the world - like i had climbed Mount Everest. I think you can understand why i felt so...



How to describe this cake??...mmm.....It was very soft, spongy, melt in mouth and of course tasty. My daughters were very happy and they enjoyed the cake a lot. It was finished within an hour. I had to hide two pieces for my husband to taste. 
 
I thanked Veena a lot when i was enjoying the cake with my family. I will be trying more of her cake recipes in future...So stay tuned guys, u have lots of cake recipes coming up in near future.
.
.
.
.
Friends, Come Close.......................this picture is tempting, isnt it?



 
Recipe Source: Veena's Art Of Cakes

Ingredients

230 gms Self Rising Flour (check the notes)
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
230 gms Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
200 gms Sugar (powdered)
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla essence


Method

  • Sieve self rising flour and baking powder. Keep this aside.
  • In a bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy in texture using an electric hand beater.
  • Add eggs and vanilla essence. Beat again till everything is combined properly.
  • Now add flour + baking powder mixture into it little by little and mix nicely using a wooden spoon.
  • Pre-heat oven at 170 degree Celsius in convection mode.
  • Grease a cake tin with butter and line a butter paper in it.
  • Pour the prepared cake batter in it 
  • Place the cake tin in the pre-heated oven for 35 - 45 minutes. Check in between with a tooth pick, whether cooked or not.
  • Once it is cooked, give a standing time of 5 minutes.
  • Later, take off from the cake tin and let it cool on a wire rack.
  • Once cooled, cut into pieces and serve.

Notes: 


  • Self Rising Flour can be bought from stores.
  • It can be made at home also with the All purpose flour/Maida.
  • For 1 cup Self Rising Flour...Substitute is....
Remove 2 tbsp flour from 1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida and add 1 tsp Baking powder + 1/4 tsp Salt











Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely sponge cake!! The texture, color says it all.
    Loved the nearby shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a perfect cake for my cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sponge cake.. Looks perfect sponge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the texture,yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav, it so lovely, spongy and the slices are inviting me badly. Its simple yet the impact is so big on me. Yum.

    ReplyDelete