Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Thursday 14 March 2013

Oats Idli





Recently, we have become a great fan of Oats. Especially my husband.....one of his favourite is Oats Khichdi. But my daughter doesn't like that. Her favourite is Oats Dosa. It is bit difficult to satisfy both of them...but I do that peacefully. :)

I have tried many varieties of dishes with Oats and yesterday, I bumped into sharmispassions - a collection of wonderful recipes. There I could find many recipes with oats. I was so happy...will try one by one...




My husband is a big fan of Idli.... Give it to him as a breakfast or dinner, he is happy to enjoy it... So I usually have a stock of Idli batter in my fridge.... By keeping that in mind, yesterday, I tried Oats Idli from sharmis website with some changes to suit our taste and the result was awesome.. very soft and healthy idli.... Both my daughters and husband loved it... Me too.... 

Here goes the recipe....




Recipe Source: Oats Idly

Ingredients

1 cup Oats  
1/2 cup Semolina/Rava
1/2 cup Curd
1 Carrot (grated or finely chopped)
1 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
10 Curry leaves (cut into pieces)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 tbsp. Coriander leaves
1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Salt to taste
Water as required
2 tbsp. Olive oil


Method
  • Dry roast oats and grind it into a powder. Put this in a bowl.
  • Dry roast semolina/rava and put it in the same bowl. Keep this aside.
  • In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds. When it splutter, add green chilli and onion.
  • Saute for sometime and then add curry leaves, asafoetida and carrot. Saute till the carrots are cooked.
  • Take off from heat and let it cool.
  • Add this to the oats - rava mix.
  • Add curd, coriander leaves, baking soda, salt and mix well.
  • Add required water till it becomes a normal idli batter consistency.
  • Pour it on the idli moulds and stem it for 10 - 15 minutes, till the idlies are nicely cooked.
  • Take out from the moulds, when done.
  • Serve it hot with any chutney of your choice.




* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*


Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

7 comments:

  1. super healthy...now i can serve idli with a difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and delicious version of idli..nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oats idli looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy oats idli!! Do visit my blog at- http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete