Happy Women's Day
On this special day, I would like to share with you all this special dessert. Falooda is one of the street foods in India. Now-a-days many flavours of falooda's are available. This is a comfort food or dessert which can be made without any prior preparation.
I didn't have falooda sev, so made this dish by using normal vermicelli. It tasted good. I added more of rose syrup and omitted sugar in this recipe. Choose strawberry Ice cream as I liked more of rose or pink colour for my falooda. Its again up to you...you can make the choice according to your taste.
So...here comes the recipe....Enjoy!!!...and once again a Happy Women's Day.....
2 cups Full Cream Milk
1/2 tsp Basil seeds (Tukmaria)
Ice Cream as required (any flavor of your choice)
1/4 cup Falooda Sev
5 tbsp. Rose syrup
1 1/2 tbsp. Sugar
1 pinch Cardamom powder
1 tsp Nuts of your choice (optional)
- Cook falooda sev in water till they are nicely cooked and tender. Once cooked, drain and keep aside.
- Soak the basil seeds/tukmaria in some water. Soak for at least 30 minutes. If you soak this for overnight, it would be perfect.
- Boil milk and when it comes to a boil, add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and take off from heat.
- Now add the rose syrup and mix well.
- Add the cooked falooda sev in it and again mix well.
- Keep this aside to cool and refrigerate for some time.
- Strain the soaked basil seeds/tukmaria and add it into the cooled milk mixture.
- Add in 3 - 4 scoops of any ice cream of your choice into it and mix well till it is dissolved completely in the milk mixture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator till it is time to serve.
- Take a big long glass and scoop in some ice cream of your choice.
- Mix the milk mixture well, as the sev and basil seeds tend to settle in the bottom. Pour it into the glass.
- The scoops of ice cream will float on the top.
- Sprinkle some nuts on top and serve it chilled.
Thanks for visiting