This is an easy method to make homemade Strawberry Jam. No artificial preservatives are added to this. Lime juice acts as the preservative and this jam really stays fresh for long. While pouring the hot jam into the container, there's a tendency that the bottle may crack. To avoid this, place the container on a damp cloth or on a wooden platform before pouring the hot jam.
500 gms Fresh Strawberry
400 gms Sugar
2 tbsp Lime juice
- Clean and grind strawberries into a paste. If you like the jam little chunky, grind the strawberries coarsely.
- Heat a non stick pan and add the strawberry paste. Let it simmer for sometime.
- When it starts bubbling, add sugar. Mix well and let it simmer.
- When the mixture cooks and reduces nicely add the lime juice.
- Mix well and again let it simmer till it comes to a plate like consistency.
- Once done, transfer it straight into a sterilised bottle. (Transfer it to the bottle when the jam is still hot)
- Keep the bottle open till the jam cools down (overnight).
- Once it is cooled, close it tightly with a lid.
- Serve it with bread and enjoy!!!
Testing whether the mixture has got the jam consistency:
- When you pour the mixture using a spoon, it drops down in blocks, its called plate like consistency.
- Take a tsp of mixture and drop it on a plate, after sometime touch it with your hands. If it feels like a jam, then that's it.
Thanks for visiting