Happy Valentine's Day
When i was young, (in my school and college days), Valentine's day was not at all known to us. It was not celebrated. Recently, it has become a special day for people to show their love to their loved ones. But, somehow i feel, why only one day to show love. So its just an another day for me. I am definitely not against Valentine's day because it has a wonderful story behind it.
Like you all do, i too make something special on this day for my daughters and my husband. I had lot of fresh strawberries in my fridge. Thought to make something sweet with them. You all know that strawberries has a slight sweet and sour taste with its attractive red colour - a special combination. I thought there is nothing better than this combination to signify this special day.
Here's it, friends.... a simple and exotic melt in mouth sweet dish. Make this and surprise your loved ones.
Once again...Happy Valentine's Day to you all...Enjoy your day with this creamy strawberry.
Recipe Source: Sanjeevkapoor's Kitchen
5 - 6 Fresh Strawberry
1/2 cup Strawberry crush
2 cup Cream
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Gelatin
4 tbsp Water
- Take gelatin in a small bowl and add water. Keep this aside. This is done to soak gelatin.
- Boil milk, cream and sugar till the sugar gets completely dissolved in it. Keep this aside to cool.
- When the milk mix is cooled, add the soaked gelatin. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Now add the strawberry crush and mix well.
- Cut fresh strawberries into small pieces.
- Take silicon moulds or small bowls. Put little chopped strawberries in each moulds and bowls.
- On top of it pour the milk mixture and keep them in a refrigerator for about 3 to 4 hours.
- When it is set, De-mold it or serve it in the same bowl.
- If you don't have strawberry crush, you can grind some fresh strawberries and add it instead of the crush.
- If you add strawberry crush, the dish gets a pinkish colour. Even i didn't have the crush, so my dish looked more of white than pink.
- If you don't have fresh strawberries, don't worry, make it with the strawberry crush alone.
Thanks for visiting