Sprouts can be made very easily. Definitely it takes time, but its worth. You can make sprouts with almost all types of pulses. It seems that the protein value is more in the sprouted pulses than in the normal ones. So try to use sprouted pulses. They can be used in salads or can be cooked as a side dish.
This is my way of making sprouts.
- Soak the pulses (kala chana, moong etc) in water for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Drain the water and put them in a muslin cloth and cover it.
- Place it in a bowl and sprinkle little water on it.
- Cover with a lid and keep it in a warm place (i keep it in my kitchen).
- After 12 - 14 hours, you can see little sprouts peeping out of them.
- Drizzle some water again on the covered muslin cloth. Cover it and keep aside.
- Use the sprouts, when they are sprouted nicely.
- It takes 2 - 3 days for getting good sprouts.
SPROUTED KALA CHANA
|After 12 hours, you can see small sprouts peeping out|
Thanks for visiting