This is a simple and easy wrap made with our all time favourite pav bhaji masala. It definitely tastes awesome and is a perfect dish for kids lunch box. Its a whole-some meal on its own. Very healthy too.
Recipe source: Sanjeev Kapoor's Kitchen
4 nos Roti/Tortilla
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
1/2 cup Cauliflower (grated)
2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
2 Tomatoes (medium, finely chopped)
2 tbsp Tomato puree
1 1/2 tbsp Pav bhaji masala powder
1 Potato (boiled and mashed)
1/2 cup Capsicum (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 Onion (medium, thinly sliced)
4 Cabbage leaves or Lettuce leaves (washed)
4 tbsp Processed cheese (optional, grated)
Aluminium foil as required
- You can use left over or fresh rotis or Tortilla wraps for this recipe.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onions and when they change its colour, add grated cauliflower and mix well. Let it simmer for sometime.
- Now add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add tomato and tomato puree. Mix well and let it cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add pav bhaji masala, mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potato and capsicum. Pour 1/4 cup water and salt. Mix well.
- Let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Put coriander leaves and mix well.
- When the bhaji becomes dry, take off from heat and keep it aside.
Assembling the wrap:
- Place one roti on the kitchen top or on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of the prepared pav bhaji masala on it.
- Put some thinly sliced onion on top of it.
- Place some lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves on top of the sliced onion.
- Now, place another roti on top of it.
- Spread a thin layer of the prepared pav bhaji masala on top of this roti also.
- Put little grated processed cheese on it.
- Now roll the whole bunch of roties and stuffing's tightly into a roll.
- Place it on one end of an aluminium foil and roll the entire wrap with the foil.
- Tighten the sides like a toffee cover.
- Cut the whole cover into two pieces diagonally and serve it hot.
|Wraps rolled with aluminium foil like a toffee|
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per yours*
Thanks for visiting