Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Monday 4 February 2013

Fish Kebab





A tasty and simple kebab preparation with fish. Whenever i wish to try out a new recipe (not my own), i first search for one in Sanjeev kapoor's website. I simply like his recipes, very easy to follow and i am 100% sure that the recipe will come out great. 



When i bought this fish, i thought to try any traditional dish (except kerala). So, as usual ended up searching his website for one. Ended up with this awesome kebab. I was new to this recipe and we all enjoyed it a lot.




Any fleshy thorn-less fish can be used for this recipe. I used basa fish and it tasted really great. Serve it as a starter or enjoy it with fried rice.





Recipe source : Sanjeevkapoor's Kitchen

Ingredients

900 gms Fish (Swordfish, Salmon or Basa)
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Chat masala
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp Vinegar
Salt to taste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
3 Green chilli (crush and make a paste)
1 Capsicum (cut into cubes)
1 Onion (cut into cubes)


Method

  • Wash, clean and cut the fish pieces into medium size cubes. Dry them and keep aside.
  • In a bowl, mix chat masala, black pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala powder, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, red chilli powder, green chilli paste and olive oil.
  • Mix well and marinate the fish pieces in this mixture for about 30 minutes. Keep this in the fridge.
  • Skew the fish pieces along with capsicum and onion pieces on a skewer. 
  • Heat little oil on a grill pan or a non stick pan and keep the skewers on it.
  • When all sides are golden brown colour and the fish is cooked nicely, take off from heat.
  • Fish kebabs are ready to be served.


Till these days, i was shooting using my LG mobile. (my fav.) My husband loves photography as a hobby and passion. So, he encouraged me to try out with a point and shoot camera to start off with.  He has huge and big lenses, which iam afraid to lift also ;) He is into bird watching and nature photography and so he doesn't know much about food photography. But he gave me some general tips with which i tried out taking some snaps. These pictures are my first attempt. I liked the snaps soooo much that iam posting all of them :)  














* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per yours*


Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

8 comments:

  1. Fish and kebabs wow :) why did i never think of this... looks stunning dear, i am drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish kebabs-Great idea! Looks delicious! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yamee kababs every one liked it..thanks need more receipy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous. My salmon is marinating as I type. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best food that I ever ate. I've enjoyed your blog dishes. It is always consistently delicious and a real treat to eat.
    Street Food in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nimmy, Thanks for this recipe and I am trying Puvi brand oil for frying. One of the best Cold pressed oil in India

    ReplyDelete