This is an all time favourite dish. I have made it many times as my daughter loves it a lot. But forgot to post in my blog. Recently, one of my friend asked me the recipe for this dish and then i recognized that i have not posted it here. It happens sometimes that the usual dishes which you make, you forget to share with all.
Any way, here's the recipe for this wonderful and tasty dish. Hope you all will enjoy making it.
- While frying the vegetable balls, first fry in medium hot oil for 2 minutes ie before changing its colour. Transfer it to a tissue paper and again heat the oil in high flame and put the vegetable balls in it. Fry till it becomes golden brown colour. By doing this the vegetable balls will not soak too much of oil and it will be crispy.
- While making vegetable balls, if the mixture is too wet, add little maida/all purpose flour to it.
- Adjust the gravy as you wish.
1 cup Cauliflower (grated or finely chopped)
1 cup Carrot (grated or finely chopped)
1/2 cup French Beans (finely chopped)
1 cup Cabbage (finely chopped)
2 stalks Spring onion bulbs (sliced thin)
1 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
2 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
2 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp Red chilli paste
3 tbsp Maida/All purpose flour
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 1/2 cup Vegetable stock or Water
4 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tbsp + deep frying - Oil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves or Spring onion greens for garnish
- Take a bowl and put cauliflower, carrot, french beans, cabbage, black pepper powder, salt, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic, maida and 1 tbsp cornflour. Mix well using your hand.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. Make small balls out of the vegetable mixture and put them in the medium hot oil on low flame.
- Before it changes its colour, transfer them on a tissue paper.
- Heat the same oil on high flame and put the fried vegetable balls in it. Fry them till it becomes golden brown colour.
- Transfer them on a tissue paper and keep aside.
- In a deep non stick pan, add 1 tbsp oil. Add the remaining ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute them for a minute.
- Add salt, soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli paste and spring onion bulbs. Saute for a minute.
- Add vegetable stock or water. Let it come to a boil.
- In the mean time, add little water to 1 tsp cornflour. Mix well and keep aside.
- When the vegetable stock boils, add the cornflour water into it. Stir well and let it simmer for a minute.
- Now add the fried vegetable balls in it and mix well slowly.
- Let it simmer for a minute and take off from heat.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onion greens or coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with roti, fried rice or noodles.
* Adjust spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe to Julie's flavors of cuisine-Chinese