This is a simple cake with the basic vanilla flavour. It has a very soft texture and surely a melt in mouth cake. This is the base for many birthday cakes or wedding cakes. It has a golden yellow colour and is enjoyed by all age groups.
- If you don't like the eggy taste in the cake, add only 1 egg to this recipe.
- It is better to use an electric hand beater or an electric stand mixer. If you don't have any of them, you can use a wooden spoon.
- If you see that the edges of the cake is slightly pulled out off the baking tray and if the cake slightly springs back when you touch the cake lightly in the centre - these all are the indications that the cake is perfectly baked.
Recipe source: CupcakesandCardio
2 1/4 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 cup Butter
1 1/3 cup Sugar
3 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- In a deep bowl, put maida, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix well using an electric beater.
- After sometime, add butter - little by little, so that the butter gets mixed in nicely.
- Pre-heat microwave oven - convection mode at 190 degree Celsius.
- Once the butter is mixed properly, add vanilla essence and add milk slowly. Mix well so that everything gets combined properly.
- Now add eggs (one at a time) and mix thoroughly using the beater. Let it mix for about 20 seconds.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and line a butter paper in it.
- Pour the cake batter in it and spread evenly in the tray.
- Place it in the pre heated oven for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Check in between using the tooth pick whether it is done or not.
- Once done, take off from oven and give a standing time of 10 minutes.
- Later, take off from the baking tray and it is ready to be served.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Thanks for visiting