A very healthy and tasty rice preparation with a combination of spices and methi leaves. You can use any raw rice for this recipe. No need to use basmathi rice, any small grain rice is good for this recipe. The roasted groundnut give a nutty flavour and a light crunch to the dish.
1 cup Raw rice
3 tsp Oil
2 - 3 cups Water
1 Onion (sliced)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
10 Curry leaves
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
3 cups Methi leaves (chopped)
1 tsp Coriander powder
2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 cup Coconut (freshly grated)
2 tsp Lemon juice
1/4 cup Groundnut (roasted and skin removed)
- Wash and soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Pluck the methi leaves, wash thoroughly and roughly chop them. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a big non stick pan. Add mustard seeds. When it crackle, add curry leaves and half of the ground nut.
- Now add onion. When it turns translucent, add ginger garlic paste. Cook for a minute.
- Add methi leaves and mix well. Saute for a minute.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Saute for some time. Drain the water from the soaked rice.
- Add this in the pan and mix well so that everything is combined properly.
- Now add 2 cups of water. Mix well. Add salt, grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cover and let it cook till the rice is completely cooked and the water is dried up. If you think that the rice is not cooked, add little more water. Mix, cover and let it cook again.
- Once done, mix the rest of the roasted ground nuts.
- Serve it hot with curd or pickle.
* Adjust spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting