Kulfi is considered to be an Indian Ice Cream. It is similar to ice creams, but is more denser and creamier.
|Pista Almond Kulfi made in kulfi moulds.|
This Kulfi has full flavour of pistachios and almonds as i added by powdering them and to get a bite of them, i added some as sliced. Cardamom powder in it enhances its flavour and taste.
|If you don't have a kulfi mould, make it in a bowl and cut into pieces while serving.|
4 cup Milk (full cream, not skimmed)
1 slice White bread
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Cardamom (crushed and powdered)
7 - 10 Pistachios (cut into small thin slices)
5 - 8 Pistachios (powdered)
5 - 8 Almonds (powdered)
7 - 10 Almonds (cut into small thin slices)
5 - 7 strands of Saffron
- Cut off the sides of the bread and cut it into small pieces.
- Put this in a mixie jar. Add cornflour and half cup of milk.
- Blend well into a smooth paste. Add saffron and keep this aside.
- Take a deep non-stick pan and boil the milk. Scrap the milk that sticks to the side of the pan and boil till it reduces to approximately 2 cups.
- When the milk is reduced, add in the blended mixture and powdered pistachios and almonds into it.
- Stir well and let it boil for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir continuously as cornflour has a tendency to settle in the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar and sliced pistachios, almonds and crushed cardamom.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off from heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, pour it into kulfi mould or a bowl and keep in the fridge till it is completely set.
- Once set, take it from the freezer, dip the kulfi moulds in hot water and remove it on the serving dish.
Thanks for visiting