A simple and tasty dish prepared with corn kernels. When you cut the cheesy corn balls into two, you can see the melted cheese oozing out of the corn balls. Tastes really delicious. Try it out and kids would love it.
1 cup Corn kernels (boiled and drained)
2 - 3 Green chilli (finely chopped)
2 - 3 tbsp Oil + for deep frying
1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Black pepper powder (coarsely ground)
1 cup Bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Mozzarella cheese as required
- Coarsely grind the corn kernels. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute for sometime.
- Now add the ground corn kernels, salt, black pepper and turmeric powder. Saute for some time.
- Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mix well and transfer it into a bowl.
- Mix cornflour in little water and keep this aside. Take the rest of bread crumbs in a plate and keep this aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dust your hands with some cornflour. Take a small lemon sized corn mixture, roll it round and stuff a small piece of mozzarella cheese in the middle. Roll it into a ball.
- Dip each corn balls in the cornflour water, roll it on the bread crumbs and put it in the medium hot oil.
- When all the sides are golden brown colour, transfer them on a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
* Adjust spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting