A simple chutney which goes well with any dish.
3 Tomatoes (large, chopped)
1 Onion (medium, chopped)
1 inch Ginger (chopped)
1 clove Garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp Sugar (optional)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
5 - 8 Curry leaves
3 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, asafoeitda, onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Let it cook for sometime. Mix well.
- When the onion becomes translucent, add tomatoes and salt. Let it cook for sometime.
- When tomatoes become tender and everything is nicely cooked, add red chilli powder.
- Mix well and turn off the heat. Add sugar(optional) and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Let it cool for sometime.
- Blend it well to make a smooth paste or if you would like it chunky, blend it coarsely.
- Serve it with dosa, idli or any dish of your choice.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting