Steamed Dosa is also called as Set Dosa. This is a very healthy dosa as very less or no oil is used. I usually make this dosa once in a week as my husband and my kids like it. But somehow forgot to post this simple and healthy dish. It has a very soft texture and its very easy to make.
One of my friend, Bhavani, asked me how to prepare this dish through 'Recipe Request' and that's how i am posting this recipe.
2 cups Idli batter
Water as required
1 tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
1 tbsp Coriander leaves (optional)
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, take idli batter and mix little water to make a dosa batter. Don't make it too thin like a normal dosa batter. Mix salt.
- Heat a non stick pan on low flame. Spread very little oil on it.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread lightly. Don't spread it thin like a normal dosa. It should be slightly thick. Sprinkle little red chilli powder and coriander leaves. But it is optional.
- Cover it for 2 seconds. Take off the lid and sprinkle little water. Cover it again for approximately 1 minute or till the dosa is cooked. Don't flip the dosa, like you do for making a normal dosa.
- Take off from heat and serve it hot with any chutney of your choice.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting