This is a special sweet prepared for poojas, festivals or made just to satisfy your taste buds. This is very easy to prepare and kids favourite too.
1 cup Rava
2 cup Water
Food colour (optional)
1 cup Sugar
6 tbsp Ghee
5 - 10 Cashew nuts
5 - 10 Raisins (optional)
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a non stick pan. Put the stove on medium heat. Add rava and fry till it changes its colour.
- Take off from heat and transfer it into a plate.
- In the same pan, put water and food colour(optional), and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fried rava into the water little by little. Mix well. Make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Let it simmer and when the rava is cooked thoroughly, add sugar and mix well.
- Let it cook for some more time.
- Later, add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins.
- When the rava kesari is cooked properly add cardamom powder and fried cashews - raisins.
- Mix well and serve it hot or at room temperature.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting