This is a tasty alternative to all the vegetarians who love kababs. The name of the dish itself indicates the green goodness that it gets from the spinach which is added in it.
It is crispy outside and soft inside with lot of healthy ingredients in it. This dish is very easy to prepare if all the ingredients are ready. A perfect snack with tea or coffee.
3 - 4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
3/4 cup Peas (boiled, mashed)
3/4 cup Palak/spinach (blanched)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
2 inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
3 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
2 tbsp Cornflour
Oil for shallow frying
Cornflour for dusting
Salt to taste
- Squeeze the water from the blanched palak/spinach and chop it.
- In a bowl, put potatoes, peas, palak/spinach, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, cumin powder. Mix well using your hands.
- Now add cornflour and mix again.
- Take a small ball sized portion from it, roll in your palms and press gently to make it slightly flat.
- Dip it in the cornflour. Keep this aside. Do the same procedure with the rest of the mix.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When it is medium hot, place the hara bhara kabab on it and let is cook for sometime. (these kababs can be deep fried also)
- When both the sides turn golden brown, transfer it on a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting