This is a simple and easy preparation with Baby potatoes. I didnot remove the skin from the potatoes, as it is full of fiber and it gives a good taste to the dish. It can be served as a starter or can be served as a side dish.
|Baked Baby Potato Masala|
1/2 kg Baby Potatoes
3 tsp Red chilli powder (increase the quantity as per your taste)
2 tsp Amchur Powder/Dry Mango powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp Oil
2 - 3 tbsp water
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly. With a fork, pierce them all over. Put them in a baking tray.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil into it and mix nicely so that all the potatoes are coated with oil.
- Bake the potatoes in an oven at 180 degree Celsius for 7 to 8 minutes or till it is soft and nicely cooked. Keep this aside.
- Take water in a small bowl and mix in all the masalas to form a paste.
- In a nonstick pan, put 1/2 tbsp oil and add in the masala paste.
- Mix well and add salt.
- Cook till the raw smell from the masala is gone. Now add the baked baby potatoes in it.
- Mix well so that all the potatoes are nicely coated with the masala.
- Let it simmer for some time till the masalas are dried up and are coated with the potatoes. Adjust salt.
- Transfer it into a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
|Baby potatoes after baking|
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away