This is simple and tasty snack enjoyed by all. It is crispy outside and soft inside. Very good to have it in a rainy day with tea or coffee.
3 Potato (medium sized)
1 1/2 cup Besan
1/2 cup Rice flour
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seed
1 tbsp Coriander powder (coarsely powdered)
Water as required
Oil for deep frying
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and cut it into thin round shaped pieces. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, mix besan, rice flour, salt, coriander leaves, green chilli, jeera and coriander powder with water to make a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Dip each potato slices in the batter and put in the hot oil.
- Let it simmer for some time till the sides are golden brown colour and the potato is cooked.
- Transfer it into a tissue paper and serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
Note: You can make pakoras with cauliflower, raw banana etc. by using the same above mentioned batter. Tastes wonderful.
Thanks for visiting