Paneer is not much enjoyed in our family, except by my daughter Nithya and my mom. So this ingredient is very rarely bought in our house. I tried many recipes with paneer, hoping that they would like it. But was a failure...until i found out this recipe. This dish was enjoyed by all.
This is a very simple and easy preparation. Try out and post in your comments...
1/2 kg paneer
1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds
10 Green Cardamom
1/2 tbsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
2 pieces Star anise
1/2 tbsp Shahee jeera
3 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Lime juice
1/2 tbsp Dry Mango powder/Amchur powder
1/2 tbsp Chaat masala
2 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
100 gms Curd (whisked)
1/2 tbsp Garam masala
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Cut paneer into cubes. Take out the seeds from the tomato and cut into large pieces. Similarly, cut the capsicum and onion. Keep this aside.
Marination for Paneer Tikka
- Dry roast and grind cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, green cardamom, cloves, black pepper, star anise and shahee jeera into a smooth powder. Keep this aside.
- In a large bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, kashmiri chilli powder, refined oil, coriander leaves, mint leaves, lime juice, dry mango powder, chaat masala, green chilli, whisked curd and the ground masala. Mix them well.
- Add paneer, tomato, capsicum and onion which we had cut earlier, into this masala mixture. Mix well, till all the pieces are nicely coated with the masala mix.
- Now keep the marinated paneer and vegetable mix in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, skewer the tikkas for roasting, either on a skewer or on a toothpick.
- Heat little oil on a non stick pan or use a griller and grill the tikkas till they are cooked.
- As curd is added, the masala may get burnt fast. So keep an eye while it is cooking.
- Serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting