Happy Children's Day to all the kids out there. Here is a tasty and yummy ice cream for you all...
Who doesn't like ice creams.... This is a simple and easy home made ice cream but has a distinct flavour of cashew nuts and dates. It feels really awesome when you get little bites of dates in between.
You can use any toppings for this ice cream. I poured little honey on top and it really enhanced the taste of the ice cream. Try this recipe for your kids and mark my word...they would be really happy to enjoy it.
|Kaju Khajur Ice Cream|
1 cup Full cream milk powder (Everyday milk powder or Amulya)
1 cup Milk (at room temperature)
2/3 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup Fresh cream (whipped)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
10 to 15 Cashew nuts
5 to 8 Dates (seedless, finely chopped)
- In a mixie jar, put milk powder, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the cream nicely and add this to the mixie jar. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Grind cashew nuts into a smooth paste by adding little milk.
- Put this into the ice cream mixture.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it thoroughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- This is the time you have to add the finely chopped dates. Mix well.
- Again put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take it out and serve.
- You can serve it with any toppings of your choice or relish it as it is...
The store ice creams has a creamy texture. You can get this texture by mixing the ice cream in between the freezing process. So don't forget to mix in between. This makes a lot of difference to the ice cream.
Thanks for visiting