This is a simple ice cream with a flavour of coffee and chocolate bits in it. I think chocolate goes well with coffee and that's how i ended up making this awesome coffee ice cream.
You can increase the amount of instant coffee powder, if you like the bitterness of coffee. The chocolate bits in the ice cream cuts the bitterness of coffee. If you are adding more coffee powder, i would suggest to replace dark chocolate with semi sweet chocolate.
|Coffee Ice Cream|
1 cup Full cream milk powder
1 cup Milk (at room temperature)
2/3 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup Fresh cream (whipped)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp Instant Coffee powder
2 tbsp Water (hot)
3 - 4 tbsp Dark Chocolate (cut into small pieces or grated)
- In a mixie jar, put milk powder, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend till the sugar is dissolved.
- Put instant coffee powder into the hot water. Mix well.
- Put this into the mixie jar.
- Whip the cream nicely and add this to the mixie jar. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it thoroughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- Add some grated chocolate in the ice cream. Mix well.
- Put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take out and serve.
- I served the Coffee Ice Cream in a home made Chocolate Cup with chocolate shavings on top.
You can check my post on how to make the "Chocolate Cup". Click on the Menu Card in the tab, for easy access to my recipes.
|Coffee Ice Cream in Chocolate Cup|
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away