This is a simple raita which can be served as a side dish for parathas, pulav or biriyani. You can prepare this raita in two ways. Either by soaking the boondis in water or by using without soaking. If you are making boondi raita without soaking the boondis, then add the boondis only when it is to be served. So the boondis will remain crunchy.
I have already posted the recipe how to prepare boondi. Check my previous posts or click on menu card for easy access to the recipes.
1/2 cup Boondi
1 cup Curd
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
2 pinch Cumin powder
2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Soak boondis in water for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, squeeze out the water and keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat curd till light and smooth. It should be not too runny or too thick. Adjust by adding water.
- Add salt, green chilli and red chilli powder to it. Mix well. Now add the soaked boondis and coriander leaves.
- Mix well. Garnish with little red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Serve it chilled or at room temperature with parathas, pulav or biriyani.
Thanks for visiting