Jalebi is a sweet relished by all. It is crispy outside and juicy inside. In some parts, it is served with milk. A very delicious and yummy dessert.
Initially, i was hesitant to make jalebi because of its lengthy process and moreover i was not sure whether i will be able to make it in the right shape. So i was purposefully turning away from making this sweet.
Recently, some of my viewers requested me for Jalebi recipe. So i searched through Internet and found this easy and instant Jalebi recipe. It is very easy that we need not have to wait for 24 hrs (for traditional method, we have to leave it to ferment for 24 hrs).
Try it out...very easy to make. Yummy and juicy to eat.
For preparing Yeast mixture
1/4 cup Water (Luke warm)
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Yeast (i used instant yeast, you can use any yeast which is available)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and allow it to rise. Keep aside for 5 minutes or till the other preparation is done.
For making Jalebi batter
1/2 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 tbsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (for giving colour)
Yellow food colour (optional)
1 tbsp Curd
Water as required
For sugar syrup
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Water
Few strands of Saffron (i didn't have saffron so added vanilla essence)
1 tsp Lemon juice
Rose syrup (optional)
1 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a pan, put sugar and water. Place this on heat and when it starts boiling, bring the heat to low. Put saffron, cardamom powder and lemon juice to it and let it simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes till it becomes one thread consistency. (Lemon juice is added to prevent crystallisation.)
- The sugar syrup should be hot when we dip the jalebi.
- In a bowl, mix maida, cornflour and turmeric powder or yellow food colour. Mix well.
- Now add curd and again mix it. Add the yeast mixture. Mix well.
- To get the right consistency, add water if required. (You should be able to pass the batter through a small hole.) Keep this aside for 15 to 30 minutes for fermenting. Check in between, if the batter has risen or not.
- Heat oil in a kadai. The oil should not be too hot or too cool. Maintain the heat.
- At the same time, make the sugar syrup.
- You can either make jalebi by using a sauce squeeze bottle or use a zip lock cover. I used zip lock cover, by making a small cut on one end.
- Mix the batter nicely which we had kept aside for fermenting. Pour it in the cover and squeeze through the opening directly into the hot oil. Make the shape of jalebi.
- When both sides are golden colour, take it from oil and directly put it in the hot sugar syrup. The syrup should be hot, so that the jalebi will absorb the sugar nicely.
- Let it be in the sugar syrup for approximately 20 to 30 seconds.
- Take it from the syrup and serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting